National Programme Officer
The Embassy of Switzerland in Riga for Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania is looking for a National Programme Officerfor the Second Swiss Contribution to selected EU-Member States
The Second Swiss Contribution to selected EU-member States of 1.302 billion CHF over ten years is Switzerland's contribution
towards reducing economic and social disparities within the European Union.
Under the Head of the Swiss Contribution Office (SCO) at the Embassy of Switzerland in Riga, the National Programme Officer (NPO) contributes to the identification, appraisal and assurance of support measures implemented under the Second Swiss Contribution in Latvia and Estonia. She/he will among others
- Gather information on and contribute to the screening and appraising of proposed support measures;
- Ascertain the proper application of the monitoring and control systems to approved support measures; especially with regard to public tenders and calls for proposals;
- Contribute to the review and evaluation of the contribution programme;
- Liaise closely with the responsible Latvian, Estonian and Swiss institutions as well as other involved organisations and partners;
- Maintain a network of contacts in her/his area of responsibility and to local media;
- Prepare reports, media content and other written inputs;
- Provide administrative support within the SCO and to the cooperation programme, as required.
Education and professional experience
- University degree or equivalent qualification;
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years experience in programme / project management, including in the context of EU structural aid/cohesion programmes;
- Profound knowledge of the public sector, the political and economic context of Latvia and Estonia;
- Substantive experience in at least two of the following fields: promotion of economic growth, managing migration, protecting the environment, strengthening health and social systems and civic engagement (please refer to the goals of the Second Swiss Contribution);
- University degree and/or experience in environmental questions, rehabilitation of polluted sites, smart materials OR university degree and/or experience in vocational education and training is a plus.
- Effective networking and negotiations skills, including the ability to engage in discussions with high-ranking officials;
- Proficiency in results-based management of programmes and projects;
- Good knowledge of public tendering procedures and contract management;
- Advanced IT skills and social media literacy;
- Excellent editing skills in English.
- Track record of working effectively in an international team;
- Proven ability to work independently, under pressure and with deadlines;
- Sense of confidentiality;
- Personal integrity and loyalty towards the employer.
- Fluency in English and Latvian;
- Good knowledge of Estonian and/or Russian is an asset;
- Readiness to travel frequently within Latvia as well as to Estonia;
- Valid driver's license.
2. Place of work and conditions
- Place of work: Embassy of Switzerland in Riga with frequent programme and project site visits;
- Start of assignment: May 1, 2022 or by agreement;
- Conditions: Work contract under Latvian law with competitive remuneration package according to Embassy regulations.
- Gross monthly salary: 2800 EUR - 3000 EUR
- Motivation package: Health insurance and mobile communications costs subscription covered.
Please send your letter of motivation with your CV by February 18, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If You have any questions, feel free to contact us!
If You have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me!