Rail Baltica is a once-in-a-lifetime infrastructure megaproject – if you’re looking for meaningful work in an international setting, look no further. This is where you can make an impact to be proud of.
You will lend a hand in integrating the Baltic States into the European rail network and building a new economic corridor to bring long-term benefits to the Baltic region and its people. You will work with a cross-border team of more than 200 brightest minds in the industry.
We are looking for a new enthusiastic colleague to join our growing team in a position of Lead Lawyer, Rail Baltica Project Agreements.
Lead Lawyer is responsible for the compliance of RB Rail AS transactions with the national laws and regulations. Responsible for protecting the legal interests as well as preparing necessary internal documentation. Provide legal advice on Real Estate, Environment, Spatial Planning, Construction law and Civil law as well as other legal issues. The overall role will focus on providing support regarding the Detailed Technical Design and design supervision agreements (FIDIC White Book), consolidated material purchase contracts, and other agreements and contracts in Latvia, as well as providing legal support to everyday functioning of RB Rail AS.
What’s in it for you
· A job with purpose and impact
· Exceptional international project experience
· Innovation-driven work
· Professional and self-development
· Flexible work arrangement
· Benefits and Bonus programme
· Supportive network of professional colleagues
· Salary from 5000 EUR (before taxes)
We will entrust you to
· Provide the necessary legal advice and support to everyday functioning of RB Rail AS
· Provide the necessary legal advice and support to the employees and the Management Board related to the implementation of Rail Baltica Project, incl. but not limited to the Design and Design supervision agreements (FIDIC White Book), consolidated material procurement contracts and other agreements and contracts, as well as in (but not only) the fields of Real Estate, Environment, Spatial Planning, Construction law and Civil law
· Review incoming claims and requests for variations and prepare all necessary documentation and participate in development of the strategy of resolving of claims and variations in accordance with internal RB Rail procedures
· Prepare internal documentation, decisions, justifications and organise approval, including documentation to ensure traceability for different audits
To succeed, you should have
· Master’s degree in law
· At least 5 years’ professional experience as senior lawyer in construction and/or real estate law practice of a reputable law firm or as in-house lawyer or similar position in an institution or a company
· Experience with FIDIC model contracts or similar contracts, e.g., White Book, Yellow Book, Red Book, or others, and experience with contract management, e.g., administration of variations, preparation of contractual notices, claims and involvement in daily contractual discussions etc.
· Knowledge of laws of Latvia, in the fields of Real Estate, Environment, Spatial Planning, Construction law and Civil law, as well as knowledge of EU legal principles
· Knowledge and practical experience with contracts procured in Public Procurement and financed by European Funds will be considered as an advantage
If you are willing to be a part of the challenging and unique project, and your experience and personality match the position’s requirements, please, send your CV and motivation letter in English with the subject “LEAD LAWYER” to RB Rail AS recruitment partners ASTRAL Executive Search using the Application Form below until 07.12.2023.
RB Rail AS as a controller and SIA ASTRAL Executive Search as its respective partner ensures that data processing within recruitment process (for recruitment and hiring related purposes) is carried out in accordance with regulations on the protection of personal data processing.
More information regarding candidates’ personal data processing is available here: https://www.railbaltica.org/about-rail-baltica/candidates-personal-data-privacy-note/